Friday, January 22, 2010

Fun and Gratitude

Even though dad has been sleeping a lot, every time he wakes up he checks to make sure that we're having fun. I reassure him, "Yep, I'm watching a fun movie!" or "I'm eating a great snack!" Then he smiles in satisfaction and closes his eyes again. As long as we are happy, he is happy.

A couple days ago he was feeling really good so he had me sit down and write out some of his thoughts. The "translating" was difficult and I'm not sure I captured exactly what he was thinking, but everything I read back to him he loved. The result was a paper full of gratitue towards the people who have helped us, and plans for helping others in the future.

The deep love and gratitude in his heart continues to blow me away.

7 comments:

  1. My favorite part of today was sharing it with you, Larry. (Ok...maybe Leslie, Wendy, Lauren and Lyndsay also.) You make me smile and feel grateful...for our Savior, friends, laughter, everything. Love you - Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the ¨as long as we are happy, he is happy¨ is really important to remember laurita. love you, s

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying! Thanks for keeping us updated Lauren.
    Hugs, The Unruhs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mentioned that I have been working on a brief family history narrative for you to share with Larry. I had in mind including lots of stories about my favorite cousin. However, it seems I remember only a few stories, but I remember clearly the fun, the laughter, the caring, and the sharing. Those things are the important parts of memories! I love you, Larry J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry,
    I am Carole Dubberts son-in-law, whom you have prayed for and asked about for the last year and half (I'm the shooting victim). Now it is my turn to ask Gods favor for you. May HIS LOVE, PEACE and COMFORT be with you and your family as He promised, and we pray in His name.
    SEMPER FI
    Bob Metcalf
    Cindy Metcalf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just as Pam said, I remember the laughter, the fun, the caring and the sharing.
    Larry J, I will see you in the morning. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dad loves hearing from you all, thanks so much for taking the time to write these special notes!
    Love, Lauren

    ReplyDelete