Sunday, January 3, 2010

Purpose

This is a blog dedicated to documenting the love, faith and joy of my dad, Larry.
Currently in his third battle with cancer he has learned how to live in the overwhelming peace of God that tells him always that "everything will be ok".
He is fighting this battle with a spirit of absolute joy that comes out in his public dance moves, his sweet "i love yous" told to his wife and daughters, and many other ways.
His joy is unconquerable and he has a strong desire to let the world know that they can have this joy too. This is our way of letting the world know.
God is the source of his joy, and in all things God's love will outshine any darkness we face.
He is a blessing and I am here to tell you about the ways he inspires me, and to inspire you to live in Love as well.

Please feel free to leave your comments for Larry!

5 comments:

  1. So well put LuLu! Please tell your family I said "Hello!" I think of you all often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of this. I've been thinking about you, Lauren, and of course your wonderful family. I will visit here to hear your Dad words, so please say to him that I'm looking forward to come here.

    With love,
    Miwa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan: so good to hear from you...I let my dad know that you're following his blog and he loved to hear that!
    Miwa: Thank you for your thoughts and I have been thinking of you too :-) I let my dad know and he is thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord for your sweet Larry. We pray that he will continue his precious outlook on life on this earth. God has so much more planned for him.

    We miss him so much, and hurt for all of you, but know that this time can be a great Blessing even though it is heart breaking to see his struggles.

    Please know that we love all of you,
    Carole, Joe and Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, I just found out. Thank you for sharing these memories and stories. Your father was such a beautiful example of God's love to many people. Please send my love to your mom and your sister.

    Much love and prayers,
    Julia Powell (Ames)-Lyndsay's friend

    ReplyDelete