Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Visitors Beware!

Dad's balance has been off lately so everywhere he goes he has one of us hanging on to the back of his shirt, to stabilize him. So we were in for a surprise when mom's good friend, Mindy stopped in for a visit tonight. In typical dad style, his tail started wagging as soon as the doorbell rang. Mindy entered, dad spontaneously stood up and began charging our unsuspecting friend.
We shouted after him, "Dad? Dad! DAD!!!"
His legs wobbled, his head led the way and his body slammed awkwardly into hers, resulting in a headlock type of hug and a very shocked Mindy.
After more embraces, laughter and teasing the overzealous greeting finally ended. Dad plopped down on the couch next to me, smiled slyly and said, "I have fun!"
Yes you do dad, yes you do.

4 comments:

  1. ...and you are thinking his greeting to Mindy was not purposeful???? Don't be so sure.--We are talking about Mr. Zealous himself!!! Zealous. That reminds of his zeal to get me to eat vegetables. While Larry can be very persuasive, veggies are just not appealing to me. Yet, that one day--probably a Thanksgiving or Christmas gathering--I turned away for a second and when I turned back around I saw something green on my plate that I certainly had not placed there. And further, it was almost touching good food! Larry was raised to clean his plate; Cousin Pam was not. Her mom would make something different if she didn't like what was prepared. Spoiled might be a descripter here. So I immediately begin making faces while Larry insists that I must eat what is on my plate. Of course, I won and did not eat the green things--I think it was green beans, but I don't remember now. Could've been something gross like spinach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. L--love and laughter
    A--Amazing
    R--Razz Ma Tazz
    R--Really smart
    Y--Young at heart

    J--Joyful

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for being such a welcoming host when I've been a visitor in your home papa heidebrecht!

    ReplyDelete